Thursday, May 21, 2009

I kinda feel bad

For the last couple of days, there has been a wake in my building. An old dude one floor down from me died recently. I assume they buried him today as the people and the casket lid that was in the hallway are gone. I see the daughter (?) and she is crying and I don't know what to say. How do I acknowledge her - good morning?

But the real reason why I feel bad is that I threatened him. I am really really sorry now that I did it. But it was two in the morning and he was blasting the manele - imagine hip-hop, techno, and Arabian music mixed. I went down in my pjs and asked them nicely to turn the music down. An hour later it was still blasting. I went down again and this time he touched my hair (the 'fro was in full effect). Now three in the morning, with me trying to get some sleep before I go to work the next day, is not the time to reach out and touch me. He got all hostile after I told him not to touch me and started yelling. I told them (the rest of the family was there) I would call the cops about the music. I left to try and sleep and the music played on and on.

Now, I feel like the daughter gives me the evil eye everytime I see her.

No comments: