Sunday, September 27, 2009

hanging with the fam

I just had a crazy fantastic time at my uncle's 70th birthday party. All of my grandma's 7 kids were there, some traveling from all over the country to visit. My uncle was really surprised and actually cried - really sweet to see. The really excellent part was that I hadn't seen some of them in 8 years or so. A fun time was had by all, laughing and dancing. Laughing is one of the things that my family does best. It's really funny to see these guys in their 50's and 60's interacting with each other. It seems as though the dynamic hasn't changed since they were little kids. I saw and reconnected with some of my cousins around my age who seem like really awesome people. People that I would actually like to hang out with, that I would be friends with if we met on the street.

No comments: