Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the people you kinda meet

i meant to write this a while ago . . . here goes. sometimes when i can convince myself of the merits of this, i wake up early and go to the park for a morning constitutional. its lovely - i walk/run around the lake and smell the flowers and watch the sun rise and feel that all is right in my world.

now while i do this, i say greet (in romanian) the other joggers and dog walkers. well, a couple of weeks ago i said good morning to an older gentleman (me being diplomatic) strolling in the opposite direction. towards the end of my jog, i saw him again and attempted to nod. he decided that me needed to speak so he grabbed a hold of my hand and offered me some flowers he had picked. it was sooooo sweet and i was having shiny, happy - warm, fuzzy thoughts about people. but his greetings continued. he dumped more flowers on my head, then he pulled the collar of my shirt (dont worry i was wearing an ultra sexy sports bra) and dropped more flowers inside, then he gave me an uber hardy pat on the back. i had no idea what he was saying to me.
and i have no idea the purpose of this. maybe fertility well wishing, maybe we're married now, who knows. what sucks is that this dude is totally regular with his park walking habits. so now i see him ALL the time and he always has flowers. this may be the impetus for me to learn to run faster.

No comments: