Saturday, July 12, 2008

whole lotta not much

its amazing how the time is flying by - before i know it, vacay will be over and will be slogging in away in the mines. em . . classroom.

so in prep for my trip to Brasov for learning and hanging was getting some stuff together. and it was FRUSTRATIN'. went to buy a replacement buckle for my backpack (did i mention that its a bit warm and i sweat profusely). the outdoor sporting good store is a bit out of my way but i convinced myself to do it. and they didnt have one - the jerk behind the counter tries to fob me off by saying that size is rarely used and thats why. LIAR!!! my other bags have used the same exact one. dont lie just admit that y'all are crap. will have to cannibalize one of those bags.

then the hunt for running shoes. went to the sport store of the 10 possible styles - they had one but can i find it in my size? nooooooooo. then i go other places and no dice. i went to 2 freaking malls but no luck. the pair i have now (reebok) ripped. my asics were forgotten at fencing practice and were found then lost again. my poor flatfooted feet need supportive shoes.

my mp3 player was liberated from my possession as i bought cucumber and tomatoes (they are the most expensive veggies i've ever purchased) so attempted to buy a new one. at the store, none have batteries and i couldnt look at the manuals. how am i supposed to know what am spending crazy amounts of money on if i cant try it out. something not appreciated by the clerks. its really frustrating as my language ability is too limited to really let loose on them. always just gotta go away with a curt multumesc.

to console myself and stoke my inner 15 year old boy, i saw the HULK movie. was really enjoyable and tim roth is crazy short. great summer movie. ever since fight club (ahhh. . .) have seriously loved ed norton and it was interesting having a bruce banner who was all kinda skinny and stuff. liv tyler's mouth frightens me. would see a sequel until i get bored. couldnt be bothered to see the spiderman 3.

love the summer movie season - or at least my inner 15 yr old boy does. never seen the mummy movies but am contemplating it as jet li is in it - and the 15 yr old loves him.

toodles

No comments: