Wednesday, November 05, 2008

election fever

as said did all my voting before. one of the most interesting things to me about htis election has been how many people here have been involved in it. my neighbor asked me last year about whether i would support obama over clinton. my homeroom students who are 12/13 years old were all talking about it. asking me how i felt and who did i vote for. some were just like, "obama won, mccain sucks". people were congratulating me on the victory and how things would be better and different now. one wanted to go and have a celebration beer (though i think that was just hte excuse for the beer) of course when people were disparaging bush, i never said anything, kinda like you can talk crap about your family but no one else can. i dont think that people talked this much about the elections here earlier this year. kinda stresses how involved the world is with the US even if her people dont think about the rest of the world much.

No comments: