Friday, February 27, 2009

more unbelievable beauty

today i did an organized tour which was pretty good. i mean i had to meet the group crazy early and was the last one to get on the bus.

first stop we went to Siena, home of burnt. It's an old medieval town full of old buildings and hills and stuff - really pretty. An apparently really famous for banking - having the oldest working bank (as in company) in the world. those dudes did something right.

then we went to an organic farm\vineyard for lunch which was really tasty. the farm was located on a hill with the most gorgeous views of the surrounding hills and valleys. I felt like maybe is should become an organic farmer - but then reality stepped in and i realized that I don't really like to work. I think I would just like the farm with the views and someone making that organic olive oil and wine for me.

We went go San Gimignano, a small walled town with absolutely no new buildings in it. I strolled through the streets with some newly made friends.

Then we had a beautiful drive up and own the hills to get to Pisa. I saw the tower and I took some wonky pictures but this time the wonkiness isn't my fault. apparently everything tilts there. that's what you get building on sandy soil without proper foundations - wonky pictures.

No comments: