Tuesday, February 24, 2009

sideshow me

i stayed up all night before my flight getting done the stupid things i needed to do before leaving town.so i get to the airport and am waiting for my flight to be called. i rest my eyes only to wake up when i realize that there is this woman sitting next to me. i was so bleeping angry. she sat down next to me and POSED (WTF!?) while 4 (FOUR!) of her friends were taking pictures of us.

how does this seem even remotely kosher? I'm guessing that she has never been this close to a black person before but to objectify me like that? and then to take my picture without my permission. When i yelled at her, she and her idiot friends said "it's okay, it's okay" but am pretty sure that they did not delete the picture (they did take the pic as i was staring at their cameras as the flashes went off).

I am at the freaking airport not a sideshow carnival and at least ask for permission. when people ask, i usually say okay but erg.... It makes me wonder how many times they did it before I woke up.

No comments: