Monday, November 13, 2006

hypochondria, birds, and not so peeping toms

i think the state of my health has deteriorated drastically. it might have something to do with my diet which includes lots of carbs and cheese. due to the fact that the grocery stores are like super crowded scary hellacious places, i have been avoiding them like the plague which means i aint got no food. but the bakery and mini places are quite close so i gets lots of bread and cheese. added to this is my school lunch which for me includes lots of pasta and cheese. this may be able to explain why i have leprosy. i know, i know. but ive totally got it. there is this area on my left hand that is numb/cold ALL the time. even when i where gloves its cold. it pretty much only feels better when i sit on it. i had to read up on leprosy a few weeks ago cause some people in some book i was reading had it and now i have it. the characters jealous of my perfect health have plagued me with it. its true! its true! dont quite know what to do with my hand. youll see i'm not making it up when my nose or other bits fall off and i become hideously deformed. but you will still love me right?

on to the scariness that is birds. em . . . didnt realize it before but there are loads of birds here, posing a problem that i dont think that i have ever had to deal with before. and i mean mostly of the flying rat variety. now all know that though i am a vegetarian and i wouldnt eat them, i really dislike birds. i have had a few close calls and i know that someday my time will come. i shudder in fear and utter and totall grossness of my impending doom. cute in pictures, cute from afar, dangerous up close. possibly a worthy foe for james bond (had to sneak that in since the man is freaking everywhere). now that the leaves have fallen from the trees (which has been truly lovely to see) there will be nothing to protect my precious hair from the liquid poo. and you know my hair is all kinda big yeah? so that means a greater surface area to become poo catchment. i have to say that is would be the principle reason why am anti-bird. and i dont care if the bird antidefamation society calls me on it. i mean i know its all convenient and all not to have to pull over when migrating for the winter, but jeez! just a little consideration for us with big hair please!

and finally . . . the not so peeping toms. the owners of my apt have seen fit not to include window dressings as part of the whole 'furnished' thing. when aproached for installation of said luxury, some were put in the bedrooms leaving all else bare. now i had forgotten that most places do not install reflective glass as is customary in the UAE. i was reminded of this recently when i looked out the window and the construction workers across the street were all waving, smiling, and seemingly welcoming me to the neighborhood. i now realize that i have to wear clothes more.

No comments: